There was that one time I was 10 and cooking Hamburger Helper for my mom and sister. I was boiling noodles in water. In the midst of transferring the pot of water from the stove to the sink to drain the noodles, the pot slipped out of my hands and I spilled boiling hot water onto my chest.
The pain was so bad. My skin peeled off my chest. Fortunately my mom was there with some antibiotics and bandages to treat my skin. This happened in the summer while I was taking swimming lessons at day camp. The bandages would fall off in the chlorinated pool and burn me. That was such a traumatic feeling.
Thankfully I got over it.